SMSF Advisory Privacy Notice
SMSF Advisory, we understand that confidentiality and security of the personal information that you share with us is important. That is why we have developed specific policies and practices designed to protect the privacy of your personal information.
By opening an account with SMSF Advisory or by utilizing the products and services available through SMSF Advisory you have consented to the collection and use of your personal information in accordance with the privacy notice set forth below. We encourage you to read this privacy notice carefully.
SMSF Advisory does not sell customer lists or customer email addresses to third party marketers.
In order to provide brokerage services and to comply with regulatory requirements, SMSF Advisory collects certain personal, nonpublic information from you. This includes information:
- Provided during the SMSF Advisory account application process (e.g., your name, e-mail address, telephone number, birth date, social security number, investment objectives, etc.);
- Acquired as a result of the transactions you conduct through the SMSF Advisory system;
- Received from consumer-reporting agencies;
- Collected through Internet “cookies.”
We safeguard the confidentiality of your information in a number of ways.
- We do not sell or license lists of our customers or the personal, nonpublic information that you provide to us.
- We restrict access to the personal, nonpublic information that you have shared with us to those SMSF Advisory employees, agents and affiliates who need to know such information in connection with the services that SMSF Advisory or an SMSF Advisory affiliate provides to you.
- We maintain strict employment policies that prohibit employees who have access to your personal, nonpublic information from using or disclosing such information except for business purposes.
- We take substantial precautions to safeguard your personal, nonpublic information. For example, the SMSF Advisory system can be accessed only by authorized SMSF Advisory personnel via valid user names and passwords. In addition, our Internet-based systems include security measures such as encryption and firewalls.
We do not disclose personal, nonpublic information to individuals or entities that are not affiliated with SMSF Advisory except as provided by law. For example, among other reasons, we may disclose or report such information: where necessary to authorize, effect, administer or enforce transactions that you request or authorize; to maintain and administer your account; to provide you with account confirmations, statements and records; to maintain appropriate archival records; where we believe that disclosure is required by applicable law, rules or regulations; to cooperate with law enforcement, regulatory or self-regulatory organizations; to enforce our customer and other agreements; to meet our obligations; or to protect our rights and property. As long as consistent with applicable securities laws and regulations, we may share anonymized account information or anonymized delayed order information with third parties (and/or share such information among our affiliates) for the purpose of analysis, research, market data compilation, product creation, establishing order routing and execution relationships, or for any other lawful purpose.
Finally, if you choose to subscribe to any of SMSF Advisory Marketplace suite of third-party services that are provided through the SMSF Advisory website, we may disclose such information to the service providers as necessary for them to provide the services that you have requested. SMSF Advisory requires these service providers to enter into confidentiality agreements with IB that limit their use of the information that they receive. Such agreements prohibit the service provider from using SMSF Advisory customer information that they receive other than to carry out the purposes for which the information was disclosed.
If you have any questions about these policies, please contact SMSF Advisory Customer Service through the SMSF Advisory website at www.smsfadvisory.com